Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Hello. It's getting close to Mother's Day, so I thought I should make a few cards. Even though my Mom is no longer with us, I like to make cards for other people. I really like how this one came out.


I love using vellum on my cards. For this card, I stamped an old floral favorite, the Hero Arts Ruffled Flower, on vellum with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I embossed the image three times so that I could cut out and layer the pieces on Neenah white card stock. A brad from my stash was added to the center. The sentiment was stamped with A Muse Slate ink and is from the Simon Says Stamp Best Mom Ever stamp set that was included in their May 2013 Card Kit. If you haven't seen Simon Says Stamp Card Kits yet, go check them out. They are fabulous and a great price.

My Neenah card base is the standard A2 card size, which is 4 1/4" by 5 1/2". I cut the panel to 3 3/4" by 5 1/2" and used dimensional tape to adhere it to the base. I love adding dimension to my cards. 

I'm participating in the Online Card Classes Watercolor class, and am off to catch up  on today's class. Watercoloring on cards is really on trend right now, and I can't wait to learn more techniques. You still have time to sign up if you're interested in this fun medium.

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I adore this layered flower. So beautiful Pam. The white embossing on the vellum makes it classy and elegant. Gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete