Wednesday, December 31, 2014

CAS Happy New Year

It's so hard to believe that it's the last day of 2014 already! Is it just me, or did this year fly by for everyone else, too?

Today I have a one layer CAS card to share. This was very quick and easy to make. Sorry for the poor photo, but it's another day with little to no sun.


I started with a top folding card base made with Neenah Solar White card stock. The Starbursts stamp is an older one from Hero Arts. I stamped it first with Versamark watermark ink and then embossed with my favorite silver embossing powder, Liquid Platinum,  by Ranger. I also embossed along the edges of the card, something I've seen Jennifer McGuire do to add more interest to CAS cards. If you've never visited her blog (where have you been?), you just must click  here now. She is a rock star and just an amazingly talented person.

My sentiment is a combination of two stamp sets, also embossed with Liquid Platinum. The 'happy' is from The Big, The Bold and The Happy by Winnie & Walter and the 'New Year' is from an old set by Papertrey Ink, Happy Day.

To finish my card, I added my favorite sequins, Sparkling Clear by Pretty Pink Posh, in both the 4mm and 6mm sizes. Paulina has the best sequins in so many colors. I love them so much that I seem to be using them on every card I make. Be sure to check out her new release on January 5th. I can't wait!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
     CAS-ology : light     
     Splitcoaststampers CAS 305 Challenge : Welcome the New Year!
     Simon Says Wednesday Challenge : Anything Goes


   


I wish everyone a wonderful New Year, filled with happiness, joy and good health. (Oh, and lots of crafty time!)

                                                                     Pam





11 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous Pam! Love all that yummy embossing. The star bursts are perfect for New Years. Have a Happy New Year my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this stamp. I think I've used it for almost every holiday! Nice touch with the border embossing. Thanks for sharing. (I too am a Jen fan!)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the starburst stamp to illustrate fireworks.
    Thanks for playing with us at INK. Hope you'll join us again next time :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Pam! Great way to kick off the crafty new year! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the platinum color as an option to gold Pam! Thanks for the New Year wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Pam! wow, this is a show stopper, I luv the bursts with the gemstone center...gorgeous! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! may your 2015 be filled with lots of glimmer and happiness

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous! The bursts are very festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun New Year's card! Love the bursts and sparkle!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your card and that stamp is great>
    happy new year bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVELY explosions of light, WOW!!! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Pam! It's so elegant and pretty, I love the starbursts.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete