Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stenciled : Day 2 Homework

Day 2 of the Stenciled Online Card Class shared 4 more techniques using stencils. I cased a card by Kristina using the tracing technique for my homework.


For this technique, you use colored pencils to draw vertical lines inside your stencil. This creates fabulous  texture on your panel. I used the same Heidi Swapp stencil as yesterday, but I chose the stars to make a masculine birthday card today. First I stamped  my sentiment, then filled  in the inside of my stencil with colored pencils. I cut the panel down and mounted it on a border punched piece of black card stock.

Along with the Heidi Swapp stencil, I used Prisma colored pencils in 4 colors, a sentiment stamp  from My Favorite Things,  a dotted stitch stamp from Simon Says Stamp and an EK Success notebook edge border stamp. The panel and card base are made from Neenah card stock.

I can't say enough good things about this great class. I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment