Friday, February 20, 2015

Get Well Soon - CSSC #1

I recently discovered a fabulous blog by Leslie Hanna, The Crooked Stamper. I love her work, her blog and her voice. What a sense of humor! Leslie has started a brand new challenge, the Crooked Stamper Sketch Challenge, or CSSC. (Yes, seriously.) So, of course, I had to play along. We all need to support each other in our work. Here's my card -


This is Leslie's sketch ( the very first one - so exciting!) and the card she made a few months ago that she based her sketch on.

I used Avery Elle's Thanks a Bunch stamp set. The set has lots of small stamps to add to the main bouquet. I used Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade  Distress Markers to color my flowers right on the stamp. After a quick mist with water onto the inked stamp, I stamped onto watercolor paper. I love this watercolor technique. So pretty and forgiving! Then I used the same technique with Peeled Paint and the brand new Cracked Pistachio to add the leaves to the bouquet. I love Cracked Pistachio, it's such a beautiful color. The buds were then added with Picked Raspberry. 

The watercolor panel was die cut with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles (yes, again!). I die cut pink card stock to make a stitched frame around my panel with the same die set. Another piece of watercolor paper was embossed with a Sizzix Dots embossing folder and added to the pink card base.

The sentiment and tag are from the same stamp set, I used VersaFine Onyx Black ink to stamp the sentiment and tag, and then cut the tag out. The tag was then adhered to the card with a foam square.

I am also entering this card into the current challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #132 - Make Your Mark.

Please be sure to go and check out Leslie's first challenge and her blog. I promise you will love them.

As always, thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. They make my day!

                                                                               Pam 
   



9 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for such a nice shout-out! I'm glad you've found me. :) Your card is gorgeous! I admire people who can use those flower sets to make such pretty floral arrangements. I think I'm floral challenged.

    Thank you for playing my first sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bouquet of flowers! You've really worked magic with distress inks! So incredibly pretty! Thank you for sharing your delightful make your mark creation at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty bouquet of flowers. Love your inking and also love Avery Elle's stamp. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card would definitely cheer me up! Love the subtle colors of the bouquet are perfect along with the magenta border just make it pop!! Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful flower card - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty bouquet and little tag! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bouquet makes an excellent cheerer upper. :-) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love that bouquet!

    ReplyDelete