Please excuse the inferior photo. It's evening so the lighting is very poor. I wanted to add this card I just finished to a couple of challenges that are closing shortly.
This is my first attempt at masking stamped images. I used the flower and leaf images from an older Hero Arts stamp set, Stitched Frame. Using Post-It masking tape, I made a mask of the flower. The images were stamped onto Tim Holtz watercolor paper on the smooth side, with Hero Arts Butter Bar ink for the flowers and Hero Arts Green Hills ink for the leaves. Then I smooshed some of each color onto my craft mat, and used a water brush to color the images.
I added Bisque Liquid Pearls to the center of each flower. The centers are actually many tiny dots, but I wasn't able to keep the liquid pearl dots small enough. In hindsight I should have used something else for the centers, but I was trying to keep the look of the dots. I then added a cascade of gold sequins, and the sentiment was added to an order I received from Verve Stamps. I adhered the watercolor panel to a Hero Arts Foliage note card.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero Challenge Time - Masking
Addicted to CAS Challenge #57 - Code Word Mask
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - No Rules
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Thanks again for visiting. Have a fabulous weekend.