I finally finished my Halloween configurations box. Digging into the bin where I
First I painted all the pieces of the box with Tarnished Brass distress paint. I added some tiny scraps of paper from the Lost & Found Seasonal Paper Stash that I have left inside some boxes. Then I used Hobgoblin Tissue Tape that I've had forever on the edges of all the little boxes . After hot gluing the boxes onto the base, I added more of that fab tissue tape to the outside edges. (I don't think it's available anymore, and I only have a little left. Sigh.)
Next came the fun of adding lots of goodies in the boxes. There's skeletons, skulls, caskets, a bony hand and a crow from Michaels, I believe. I put some alcohol ink into an Idea-ology corked vial and then covered it with a bat label. The skulls are strung on hemp that is hanging in a box. I die cut some Spellbinders Tomb Stones from grungeboard and added them behind some of the figurines. There's also a die cut spider web with some spiders.
I also added an Idea-ology skull & crossbones and some Remnant Rubs from the Apothecary set. There's a tea light in one of the boxes that also has tissue tape on it. The feet of the box are wooden balls painted black.
I first saw one of these made by May Flaum on her blog a few years ago when I started to become interested in more than just scrapbooking. It was the first time I had ever seen a project done with these. Thanks, May, for the fabulous introduction to these awesome boxes!
So, that's my project for Challenge #17 - Happy Fall Y'all! Nothing says fall like a spooky Halloween.