Friday, October 24, 2014

Give Thanks

Today I'm sharing a Thanksgiving card that I created to enter into some challenges. I like doing challenges because they force help me create projects I might not normally do. That is not the case with today's card.

This card is made with hoarded  saved paper from my all time favorite company, and from one of my favorite of their collections, which is now retired. If you know me at all, you know it's Graphic 45 and the collection is A Place in Time.


I mentioned hoarding because once again, I created this card to enter into the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge. My last entry shown here was selected as a Favorite by Gloria Stengel; the mastermind behind this challenge and biggest hoarder ever (tee hee), and her Design Team. I cannot thank them all enough for choosing my project. What an honor! Thank you! Thank you! I'm so happy you liked my project.

This is Challenge #18 - Layer It and I have a ton of layers on my card. The kraft card base was paper distressed and then ink distressed it with Vintage Photo. Next I added pieces from the A Place in Time November Cut-Apart page. (I only have one piece left - yikes!) The green check patterned paper was topped with a layer of frayed burlap, then I popped up the signature monthly post card over the burlap. 

Next came a die cut from the Tim Holtz Mini Tattered Leaves die by Sizzix. I clustered a postoid and a greeting cut from the page with the tattered leaf. All pieces were ink distressed with Vintage Photo. 

To add even more layers, I made a scrunched multi-loop bow from green seam binding. I used May Arts twine to form a flower over my bow, and topped that with a button. 

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Have a wonderful weekend doing whatever it is that you love.
                                       
                                           Pam






10 comments:

  1. This is one beautiful creation! I love the burlap too! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! It is beautifully composed, the distressing is wonderful and you added fabulous texture with the burlap and bow. What a treat! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the rustic feel! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G45 does come up with some of the most beautiful papers. This is lovely Pam. I really like the burlap you added. Great fall feel. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing project. I love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing along in the Get Crafty and Use Kraft Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mix of paper, burlap and ribbon.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Card, love all the layers... thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Craft Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Biggest hoarder ever??!! Humph! {foot stomp} Hey, let's go shopping!! hee hee This is amazing. I love the burlap. And you KNOW i love that G45 paper! I have lots of Place in Time hoarded! Thanks for playing along with us again at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! You know I love to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Congrats on being a fav over at Craft Hoarders! You deserved it!! ; )

    ReplyDelete