Sunday, October 26, 2014

Mama Elephant October Challenge

Hello everyone. Today I'm sharing a card for the Mama Elephant October Challenge - Anything Goes.




Since I don't have any of the Mama Elephant Halloween stamps in my growing ME collection yet, I decided to make a birthday card. I have lots of birthdays coming up, so this seemed to be a great time to make one.

I used Peek a Frame Creative Cuts to create the base for a shaker card. I love shakers - they are such fun! Both the large outside frame and the smaller rounded corner frame were cut from Neenah card stock. For the top cut out piece, I placed the smaller frame inside the larger one to create the opening. Acetate was adhered to the back of the frame for the clear opening.

Gold Tsukineko Delicata Ink was used to stamp the large sentiment from the Make a Wish set by Mama Elephant on the inside panel. Lots of sequins from Pretty Pink Posh were added on top of the sentiment. I love all the beautiful colors of sequins that Paulina has in her shop. To allow the sequins room to shake, I added foam tape all around the edge of the inside panel. Then the clear panel was adhered to the top and the sequins easily move around inside.

Shaker cards are so much fun; both to make and receive. My fabulous niece turns 22 this week, so this will go to her.

Thanks for looking and I hope you're enjoying today doing whatever it is that you love.

                                                                             Pam



2 comments:

  1. Fab shaker card, how clever to inset the stitched die cut inside the window!! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I was looking at this stamp the other day, trying to decide on my purchases for the month...and then I saw your card in my feed...and....oh now I neeeeeeed that stamp! LOL

    ReplyDelete