Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween - to die for - a Vintage Journey

Today I have another card for a challenge. I am entering this into A Vintage Journey: Challenge 17  Halloween - To Die For.


I made a card for this challenge that was to use dies on a project that is strongly influenced by Tim Holtz. You know - Tim Holtz. THE Tim Holtz. The man himself. Yep - that Tim Holtz. The only non-Tim product I used is the paper and the adhesive, I believe. 

First  the inside of a Sizzix Texture Fades Halloween Background embossing folder was inked with Distress Inks. Then I embossed a piece of Neenah card stock with the inked folder. Love that look! That panel was adhered to a black card base.

My next step was to cut the Candlelight Fright Sizzix Bigz Die from black card stock. The die has both the candelabra and the spider. I used Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy to crackle the candles and  Distress Paint in Tarnished Brass to color the flames. These pieces were then added to my card with foam dimensionals. 

A bit vintage, a bit spooky and I like how it came out. 

As always, Thanks for visiting and I hope you're doing whatever it is that you love.

                                                              Pam


4 comments:

  1. I like how it came out too. I've never tried the inked embossing folder technique. Looks cool and so do those crackly candles. Fun card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Pam and your spooky candlelabra looks great against your bright textured background. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey and Good Luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right in saying this is a bit vintage and a bit spooky - it really is! I love the boldness of the black against the beautiful embossed background. Thanks so much for joining our Halloween - To Die For Challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Love the embossed inked BG with silhouette candles

    ReplyDelete