Sunday, March 22, 2015

Hooray It's Your Special Day

Can it really be Sunday already? Why do weekends fly by and weekdays usually seem to crawl? Hmmm ... maybe there is truth to "time flies when your having fun".

Yesterday when I was playing, I made some more of my own backgrounds. It's so fun to play with inks and get messy.


My background was made by smooshing (there I go with my technical terms again!) Cracked PistachioPicked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks on my craft mat, misting them with water and dragging my watercolor panel through the inks. I love the way the colors blend together and because distress inks react with water, you can dry your panel, put it in the inks again and add another layer of colors. The fun is in never knowing what you will get and never having any panels looking alike. 

After a couple of times swiping my panel in the inks, I got a combination I really liked. I dried it with my heat gun and added one of the large sentiments from the Mama Elephant Splendid stamp set in Versafine ink. Unfortunately, you cannot see in the picture the beautiful shimmer I added by spraying A Muse Stardust Finishing Spray over the entire piece. It really does shine IRL. A frame made by using the largest die from Mama Elephant Peek a Frame die cuts and the smaller die from Mama Elephant Femme Frames was added to the panel. I then adhered the piece to my card base and added a sprinkle of Pretty Pink Posh Sugar Plum Sequins

I am entering this card into:

     Seize the Birthday Challenge with Toppings Option - Focus on the Sentiment
     Shopping Our Stash # 193 - I Made This (make your own background)


I'm off to a feis to watch my Irish Princess compete in 3 dances. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day and I hope you make some time to do something fun.
                                               
                                                                     Pam                  

5 comments:

  1. Super background along with making your sentiment your focal point. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday...we so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in your background! Very nicely executed! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous "smoothing" and a great background for the focal point sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun background! I do love the smooshing in Distress inks and never getting the same thing twice. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never looked to see if smooshing was in the dictionary but it needs to be. LOL The background looks fantastic Pam. You've been a BUSY girl!

    ReplyDelete