Tuesday, March 24, 2015

One Layer Simplicity

Today I have a one layer sponged card to share with you. It is super simple, but I love it.


The stencil I used is My Favorite Things Petal Pattern. Another product I bought many months ago and have never used. NBUS! The stencil was taped over a Neenah card base with Post It Tape to hold it securely in place. I then sponged Cracked Pistacho Distress Ink over the stencil from the darkest shade at the top to increasingly lighter shades to the bottom, creating an ombre effect. 

After carefully removing the tape, I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Flower Friends in Hero Arts Cup O' Joe ink in the lower right corner to draw your eye to the bottom of the card. That's it! This just may be the quickest card I've ever made.

There are several challenges that this will fit into:

     One Layer Simplicity Challenge #14 - Words, Words, Words
     My local Paper Arts Club March Stamper of the Month Challenge - one layer card (any theme)





SOTM CHALLENGE:  One-Layer Card (any theme)
                                                 
I will be at My Paper Arts Club meeting with my entry tomorrow night, but will need to leave early due to a concert at our High School that I need to attend. My son is also closing on his first house tomorrow afternoon. Something tells me I am going to be spread pretty thin after work tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by so I can share my projects with you. I always appreciate your visits and comments. I so hope I am getting to all of your blogs, also. Enjoy!

                                                         Pam

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Pam. Love the ombre technique with this gorgeous stencil. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of a stencil. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ombre sponging. It really highlights that lovely stencil. So glad you shared this lovely cas card with us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty NBUS and QACAS card, Pam! Now that I'm a sponger, tee hee, I think I could get into doing a background stencil like this to create beautiful pp or even a stunning OLC, as you've done! Of course, I love your ombre color choice, too!! Thanks for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love one-layer cards and know how much harder than can be than normal card designs. This is fantastic and love that you were able to get such a good ombre effect. Its perfect! And good luck with all the packing and house moving, never much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping back to thank you for also linking your pretty card with the City Crafter challenge! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Really elegant and I love the colours ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stenciling, Pam...the pistachio is yummy! The sentiment tucked down near the bottom: perfect placement! One-layer marvelous!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply but deifnitely stunning. I love your idea and the color is one my fave:).With this card you nailed our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete