Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Addicted to Stamps #148

Happy Tuesday evening! This is the first night I've been home in a long time. No ball games, concerts, dance recitals, nothing. I so much needed uninterrupted time to review all the prep for the baby shower. I think we're ready - finally! So here I am with a new card.

                                                   

I told you I couldn't stop with these birds. When  I saw the Addicted to Stamps blog post about their newest challenge, which is Holiday, I was thrilled because - lo & behold - I had an image ready. I totally CASED Cornelia's card here. I hope you don't mind, Cornelia, but I loved your card so much, I had to. 

My Tim Holtz Bird Crazy bird was water colored with distress markers, cut out and popped up onto a piece of watercolor paper. Some of the watercolor was splattered onto the card with a paintbrush. I then used some of the CAS-ual Fridays Rad stamps to create the sentiment. A new stamp from Our Daily Bread - World's Greatest, that I purchased at the recent stamp show, was added at the bottom. I had to add Glossy Accents  to his eyes. Love him!


Let me know what you think about these crazy birds. Would you believe that the first time I saw this stamp set I didn't really like it? Now I am definitely bird crazy (pun intended!) Enjoy!

                                                                         Pam






11 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, no I don't mind at all - I am totally thrilled if someone CASes my cards - thank you - love yours - came out great! Those birds are just fabulous! I constantly want to play with mine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These birds are adorable and love the sentiments you have combined with them. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, you are totally rocking these birds! Fabulous watercoloring and I love those eyes! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Pam! Love your fun and quirky bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous CASE of Cornelia's card, Pam! I love how you water colored him and your splattered background is the perfect touch! I really 'have to' get this stamp set :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These birdies are totally awesome Pam just like your card and I love how you've coloured them. A superb card and thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see I did not say thanks for playing along at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome ! Fabulous coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! He looks quite dapper in his little birdie suit. hee hee Lots of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I fall so far behind in commenting (although I have gazed and admired at everyone!)! Your bird is pure delight and I think your decision to case Corneilia's was brilliant, although I see your special style and flair mixed in, too! Wouldn't it be great to have a CopyCat Challenge, where we just choose cards we adore and replicate them the best we can? That's typically the reason I buy the products I do: to make what I've seen others make, that I know will be pretty! I'll give that some thought...in the meantime, your bird is mighty amazing!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete