Saturday, June 6, 2015

Watercolor & Coffee Lovers Blog Hops

What a week! It was filled every night with games, concerts or working on the shower. Eek! It's in less than a week already. The centerpieces are finished, the games are ready, the prizes are wrapped, the paper products are purchased and the food is ready to be prepared. (Wonder if I have something to wear.)


I've definitely needed a lot of my coffee this week to keep going. There are 2 new blog hops this weekend that I really wanted to participate in. One is the Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop that Paulina is hosting and the other is the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop hosted by Amy Tsuruta. 

In between shower preparations today, I decided I needed to make something for these two great hops. I managed to create one card that I will enter into both. At the Rubber Stamp show I recently attended, I purchased the Tim Holtz Coffee Mini Blueprints stamp set. I heat embossed the coffee cup with black EP and used my Vintage Photo Distress Marker and a water brush to watercolor the coffee cup. The panel was watercolored with Peeled Paint and Broken China DI. I then die cut the panel with Mama Elephant Landscape Trio dies and adhered it to a Neenah card base. The sentiment is from an Amuse set. I also added some PPP sequins.









Ok, back to work for me. I still need to finish Father's Day and Graduation cards. I'll share some soon. The weekend is flying by. Enjoy!

                                                                    Pam


38 comments:

  1. awesome card.. love that watercoloring..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the way you split the panel. Awesome stamping AND watercoloring. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your watercoloring background and that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Tim's stamps! They are so unique aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, love how you did your watercolor panel!
    Thanks for linking up to the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sentiment. Love your water color too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Pam and I love your watercolour background. The split design is really pleasing on the eye too!! Good luck with all your preparations and I hope all goes well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Pam and I love your watercolour background. The split design is really pleasing on the eye too!! Good luck with all your preparations and I hope all goes well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I sure do love your gorgeous water colored background!! Soft and beautifully blended! That coffee cup is such a great image too!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Pam, love the stitching and your design! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! Love the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great water coloring
    love the image
    and the way you cut that paper I will copy it LOL
    lovely coffee card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you've flipped that PTI die! Never thought to use it like that! Beautiful watercoloring, and that sentiment cracks me up. Fun card, love it! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love the coloring ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love the Tim Holtz blueprint coffee stamps and your adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card such a pretty watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card - that is such a cool stamp and I loved seeing how you used it here and your watercoloring is superb and really makes the image stand out!! Cool work!! I would like to invite you to come to my blog where I am hosting a giveaway!! daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm tired just reading about all the things you have been - and have done - doing for the upcoming shower. It's going to be a most marvelous event! Your card: is ah-mazing! Love the water-coloured background; perfect canvas for the image! You probably do have something to wear to the shower but I say go get something new. You deserve a treat!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the separated back panel. cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card! Love the watercolored background and that sentiment is so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your watercoloring techniques and results! And now I'm going to have to go through some of your other posts to see what's coming up --- sounds like a wedding or some kind of party! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that whimsical cutout up at the top of the card!! Sounds like you've had quite a week!! Glad this hop could help to perk you up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent combo for both challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's beautiful! Love the way you "split" the background apart!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card! Love the layout and colors and image... well everything! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card! Love the watercolor background! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful coffee image. And your watercoloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. fabulous card, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome card! Love the watercolored background!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This panel and it watercolor´s technique are fabulous!!! TFS Pam!!

    ReplyDelete