Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sharing Paper Arts Club Cards

Hi! Today I'm sharing some cards I made for my Club meeting tomorrow night. As I've mentioned before, we are so very lucky to have a local Paper Arts Club. Lyn Bernatovich, the very talented designer of Lyn's Paper Petunia has been running the club here for several years. We meet once a month to make cards and other paper arts projects, learn techniques, swap cards, have challenges and just have a fabulous evening.


Our swap card this month was to use patriotic colors to create a card of any theme. I went with a masculine birthday card using Authentique Genuine paper and  DCWV Foil CS. The stars were die cut with My Favorite Things Star Stax. I used Mama Elephant Landscape Dies on the pp and the sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Keep in Touch, Too stamp set.


Our Paper Arts Club donates a Christmas tree to our local art museum to auction every year that is decorated with our handmade cards. This month we needed to make a get well card. I watercolored one of my Bird Crazy birds with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and popped it up onto my card base. The sentiment is from Verve and the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.


This month our challenge was one we haven't done in a long time - a spotlight card. I stamped The Artful Stamper Flower Bunch twice, once to create my card panel and once on a snippet of scrap CS. SSS Stitched Circles dies were used to die cut the small black and white circles that create the spotlight. I colored the white circle with markers, added Clear Wink of Stella to the flowers and adhered to the stamped panel with foam. The panel was cut with SSS Stitched Rectangles and added to my card base with fun foam.

 I'm popping these cards into some challenges.

                Seize the Birthday, no topping for me
                Uniko Studio Challenge #22: optional twist - masculine



Card #2 - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - use your favorite technique and/or product. I'm loving watercoloring, those crazy birds, my stitched dies and PPP sequins!





Wow - if you're still with me, thanks for hanging in! Have a great week. Enjoy!

                                                                          Pam




15 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection of cards Pam! Love the metallic stars! The little bird is so cute and the flowers are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam!

    This looks like your first time in the Snippets Playground - so a big welcome! I love all the cards you showed here - and the spotlight technique is fabulous!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Pam, super cute cards, I so luv the sweet birdies, the shimmery stars are FAB and your spotlight stamping is lovely! I am having a giveaway on my blog, stop by to enter.

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/06/shine-on-giveaway.html

    so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the Bday swap - the Lighthouse is from Stamps Happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You rocked the red, white & blue.

      Delete
  5. A trio of fabulous cards, Pam ... such pretty spotlighted blooms, a brilliant crazy bird (guaranteed to make anyone smile and feel better!), and such splendid shimmery metallic stars! Delighted to have you playing along at with us at Uniko this month! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam! So many wonderful creations here!! LOVE the metallic red stars on the top card and of course that bird is so cute!! ;) Love your spotlight floral card as well!! So creative and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. Love those shiny stars and the banner on your birthday card. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous trio, Pam ... your metallic stars are a shimmery delight; your crazy bird will definitely plant a smile on the face of whoever receives it, as it has on mine, and your spotlight flowers are soooo pretty! Your creativity, again, has me in awe....
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam - popping over to say hello from the Snippets Playground. Lovely selection of cards.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam - I've dropped in from the Snippets Playground to say Hi! Love all your cards especially the spotlight card
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful red foil hearts, a delightful bird that makes me laugh and a beautiful spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome collection of cards :) Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards!!! Really love those Stars and the way you split the background! So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday and hope you play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete