Sunday, June 21, 2015

Graduation Cards Catch Up

Hi. I've been spending most of today finishing cards I've been commissioned to make. I'm sharing two more graduation cards. The first is one I've made with another one of the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps.


Isn't that bird the cutest? I just love these.I used my new Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to watercolor my bird on Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper. Love these brush markers! The bird was fussy cut  and adhered with foam dots over a stamped image on white CS that had been die cut with SSS Stitched Rectangles. The stitched panel was then adhered to a card base.I added a cap and diploma from Impression Obsession Mortorboard & Scroll dies. The sentiment is Verve Happy Graduation.  

I would like to include this in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is "use your favorite technique/product" this week. Right now I am loving water coloring, Tim's crazy birds and my new Zig markers.


I also finished a graduation card requested by a colleague for her son. He wants to study architecture in college. I found the perfect paper in my stash.


Unfortunately, I do not know the brand of the paper. It was in my stash of travel papers and is a collage of many buildings in Europe. I paper and ink distressed the edges of the pp and the blue mat, and adhered to a 5x7 card base. The sentiment is a combination of sets and matted in both the blue and brown papers. I added the pp to the inside, along with a piece of cream CS that was ink distressed. A graduation cap was stamped in the corner. My co-worker wants to write her own message inside the card, so I left the rest blank.

Tomorrow begins the last week of the 2014-2015 school year. In retrospect, it is amazing how quickly it has gone by. Have a wonderful week, Enjoy!

                                                                      Pam

4 comments:

  1. These are two fantastic graduation cards, Pam! The little diploma and cap on the crazy bird are too adorable!! And I'm with you on the paper for the second card ~ it's perfect for the young man and I love the distressing you did!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card s Pam :-) I love the crazy bird, so adorable as a graduate haha :-) The 2nd card is fabulous too! my daughter is just graduating as an architect, a tough course but worth it in the end :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam seriously I LOVE that crazy bird with the diploma--well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two marvelous graduation cards, Pam. Your grad-cap sporting crazy bird is charming; looks like you've mastered the Zig pens! The paper for the up-and-coming architect is perfect! He'll adore this...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete