Monday, June 8, 2015

Dad You Are My Hero

Today I have another card for the Watercolor Blog Hop hosted by sweet Paulina from Pretty Pink Posh.


Finally, I used my Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps and now I can't put them down. I am absolutely in love with every single one of these crazy birds. I water colored two of them with a water brush and various Distress Markers that I had smooshed on my craft mat and sprayed with water. Also, I splattered some of the ink onto my card with a paintbrush. After the birds were dry, I fussy cut them and adhered them with foam tape over the same stamped image on my card base. Doing that eliminates the need to try to cut the feet and hair. Those eyes just begged to be covered in Glossy Accents.


The "Dad" sentiment is from Papertrey Ink World's Greatest stamp set and the "you are my hero " is from a SSS Exclusive Kelly Purkey set that was included in the June 2013 Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit

I will enter this card into:
     The Paper Players Challenge #248 - Masculine Card



Have a wonderful week! Enjoy!

                                                               Pam

13 comments:

  1. These birds sure get around. Love the coloring. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam - I ADORE this card. I have a smile from ear to ear! Love those whimsy birds and the way the little guy is admiring his humble dad. Great job on the design elements and watercoloring. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players with this cute cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite birds - beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've mentioned in the past, I'm terrified of birds (we have ravens the size of hippos here), but....your crazy birds really do make me smile! Awesome water-colouring. A most delightful Dad's day card, indeed.
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love these sweet birds, wonderfully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those birds and your fab colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you'd participate in this! Love your cute card Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam your watercolouring of those crazy birds is awesome. I need to CASE this--tweet tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cute birdy combo and sweet sentiment - perfect for a little one to give on Father's Day! Gorgeous watercolouring too. Thanks for joining in with my masculine challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The more I see these crazy birds the more I love them, Pam! You've colored them perfectly and I like how you staggered the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing your masculine creation with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, fun, fun!! I love your water coloring! Thanks for playing along with the challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think everybody has gone crazy over these nutty birds. Fantastic job on the water color Pam!

    ReplyDelete