Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all dads. I lost mine 16 years ago and still miss him so much. I was thinking of my dad when I made this card. He was a roofer his entire life and always had a hammer with him.


This stamp was purchased from the Our Daily Bread booth at the recent stamp show I attended and is appropriately named Father's Day Tools. After stamping some kraft CS, I colored the images with markers and cut the panel with SSS Stitched Rectangle dies. I adhered it to a brown mat and added a tool brad. A piece of  kraft CS was embossed with a woodgrain EF. I then added brown ink over the raised areas of the embossed piece. Fun foam is adhered between the embossed card base and the tool panel. 

I am adding this to the Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C290 which is to make a masculine card.


I hope you all have a wonderful day with your dads, if you are fortunate enough to still have them with you. Enjoy!

                                                                    Pam




2 comments:

  1. My dad passed away, under most unexpected circumstances, on Dec. 30, 2014 (nearly 6 months ago) on my parents' 56 Wedding Anniversary. My head still swirls just thinking about the entire episode...anyway, I know exactly how you feel, so I'm sending you some BIG virtual hugs in hopes that they'll bring you comfort. SQUEEZE...there you go...repeat as necessary! Your card: fabulous and it has all the more impact because you had your dad in mind when you created it...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete