Thursday, June 9, 2016

Altenew Peony Bouquet

Hello. I'm popping in quickly with a card I made for Less is More - where the theme is the color purple this week. I needed a card for a former colleague whose favorite color just happens to be purple.


I bought the Altenew Peony Bouquet set at the stamp show a few weeks ago and finally sat done with a friend yesterday to play with layering this gorgeous peony. Thank goodness I also bought the Mini MISTI at the show. I wasn't going to buy the new one because I have the larger one, but I'm so glad I did. It's the perfect size for cards.

After several attempts at layering the 4 different stamps that create this peony, I'm finally happy with this one. I used the Altenew Shades of Purple  mini ink set to create the different colored layers. The leaves were inked with the Green Fields mini inks. The peony was fussy cut and adhered over the leaves with foam onto the card base. The sentiment is from Altenew Painted Greetings and was inked with one of the purple shades.

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day. Enjoy!

                                                                    Pam



8 comments:

  1. Pam what a beautiful bloom, lovely stamping
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful flower, and I love the brushstroke sentiment. Very stylish, and a perfect LIM card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, wonderful layer stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tricky technique to get right but you have done this perfectly! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a few attempts with this stamp set at first too but it's so worth persevering, it's just beautiful. Love it in purple.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning bloom, and you have stamped it beautifully!
    It's a simply elegant card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Altenew flowers are so gorgeous. Your stamping looks perfect and your card is a dream. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! My peony set is still in the package; apparently I'm still smitten with Beautiful Day..for now! Peonies are on the summer list, when I have time to practice the layering...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete