Thursday, June 23, 2016

Faux Bleach Bold Florals

Hello. Today I have a card for the challenge at Less is More. This week the challenge is to use the Faux Bleach technique.


This is such a fun technique and can be done many ways. For this card I masked off the top of my panel and ink blended a rainbow on the bottom with Distress Inks. Next I used an ARTplorations Bold Florals stencil. I sprayed water on the stencil and then placed it over my inked panel. The inks react with water and start to bleach away. I carefully removed the stencil after about 60 seconds and this is what was left. The flowers are still brightly inked while the background where the water reacted with the ink is faded. I love this technique.

After heat drying the panel, I added a thin black strip of card stock, stamped the sentiment and adhered it to a card base. I really like how this came out.

I'm also adding this to Happy Little Stampers June CAS Challenge - Ghosting and Addicted to CAS #90 - Aloha.



Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day. Enjoy!

                                                            Pam


14 comments:

  1. Fabulous! So colourful and impactful! Fab LIM card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love your rainbow card it is just so right. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow awesome Rainbow card. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous, Pam! I love the vibrant rainbow combined with the subtle effect of the water on the distress inks. I must try it with that stencil :) Great to see you at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner Pam and so thrilled to see you've also linked this one up in the Aloha challenge at ATCAS. Thanks so much and from LIM too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ... this is gorgeous PAM! Great job with ghosting, love those rainbow colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW ... this is gorgeous PAM! Great job with ghosting, love those rainbow colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card. I love the colours, the stencil you chose, great ghosting and that black strip just belongs there.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More and Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Pam. That rainbow panel is just delicious and a superb way to showcase the faux bleach technique. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card! I love the vibrant colors of the rainbow. Card looked stunning.
    Thank you for sharing with HLS.
    BozenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete