Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Belated Birthday


Hello, everyone. I made this sweet shaker for my crafting buddy for her birthday. Our club meeting was a few days after her birthday, so I thought this sentiment would be perfect.


Isn't the sentiment awesome? It's from the Sweet 'n Sassy Birthday Word Art set designed by the amazing Gloria Stengel from Scraps of Life. If you aren't familiar with Gloria (where have you been?), head over and check out her fabulous work. Gloria is a rock star!

My card is fairly easy. I used a circle die on the polka dot pp to create the opening for the shaker. Then I adhered acetate and added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins. Fun Foam, also die cut with the circle die, was adhered to raise the pp from the card base. I watercolored one of the Bird Crazy birds and a balloon, fussy cut them and used foam to adhere to my card. I am still in love with these birds!

I am entering this into the current challenges at Just Us Girls #346 - Birds and Seize the Birthday without toppings.

Thanks for visiting and have a lovely rest of your week. Enjoy!

                                                              Pam



5 comments:

  1. Super cute bird shaker card Pam! Love the polka dotted paper and that funny sentiment inside! Thanks for joining us at both Just Us Girls and Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that sentiment just cracks me up!! Fabulous coloring on the bird!! Very cool!! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL LOVE that sentiment and who doesn't adore a crazy bird. Super cute Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super fun! Love the colours and the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PAM! *waving wildly* A kazillion apologies for 'late' commenting; things are zany with end-of-school-year stuff (June 30th...counting down the days)no weekends at home (bike race officiating) and all around disorganized. I need 27 hour days! All your May cards: fantastic! Your little pandas were especially darling! This one: such fun! Your crazy bird is perfect for the sentiment!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete