Saturday, June 18, 2016

Happy Saturday!

Hello. Happy Saturday! I made a couple cards today for challenges that are closing soon.



My first card is for AAA Cards where the challenge is watercolors. My card is embossed resist with watercolor made with distress ink. I gold heat embossed a sentiment from SSS Hand Lettered Encouragement onto watercolor paper. Then I added Picked Raspberry DI to an acrylic block, spritzed it with water and smooshed it over the embossing. I also added some water droplets after the panel dried that reacted again with the DI. A gold frame was added to finish the card.


My second card is for CASology where the theme is masculine and I've loosely followed the sketch at this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. It doesn't get much more CAS than this 2 minute card. Both the image and the sentiment are from the Sweet 'n Sassy Timeless Classic set that I no longer see available on their site. I am also adding this to Time Out Challenges #59 without the twist.




Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Enjoy!

                                                        Pam
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

9 comments:

  1. Love the big sentiment with the water coloring bg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sentiment on your first card Pam, and you have to know I adore that colour. And I really like the placement in your second card. So pleased to see you at AAA and TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I love your colour choice for the first card, and the second one is so perfectly CAS in its mono colour scheme!A fabulous masculine card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASologyy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the bright pop of color on the first one! And on th second it looks like the truck is coming right off the page! Perfect guy card! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love that truck on your second card! It is very masculine and I love how clean it is! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gold and pink, Pam ... that big sentiment is fabulous centre stage! Cool, crisp, CAS masculine card ... love the monochrome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect CAS & masculine birthday card, Pam! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crushing over that first hot pink and gold delight! Gorgeous! Your second: masculine marvelous! Looks like we were both channeling the 'black-and-white'!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it couldn't be more CAS if it tried and I love it!!! Such a fantastic image with so much detail and I'm so glad you didn't colour it at all. Very happy you played with us at TIME OUT and wanted to say your water colour card is superb too!!

    ReplyDelete