Monday, June 20, 2016

Just For You

Hello. Happy Monday. Today I'm playing with one of my newest stamp sets, Altenew Dahlia Blossoms. I am so in love with all the Altenew layering sets right now.


This set is easier to line up than some of the others and only has 3 layers. Of course, I have to use my Mini MISTI. I find myself using it on almost every card I make. I've inked the layers of the large and small dahlia images with Altenew Summer Afternoon mini inks. After masking each bloom, I added the leaves with the Altenew Green Fields mini inks. The sentiment is from Altenew Painted Greetings inked with Hero Arts Cup 'O Joe.

After trimming down the panel I matted on brown card stock and added brown twine tied in a bow. Then the panel was adhered to a card base. In retrospect, I wish I had added the leaf to the small bloom further down in the right hand corner, but not enough to redo the card. I want to make a set of these with different sentiments, so I'll change the leaf placement on those.
I am adding this to the Color Throwdown #397. This will be my first time playing there. Also I'm playing at Inkspirational #111 - Masking and Simply Create Too #111 - Use buttons or bows. 



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful week. Enjoy!

                                                                Pam

3 comments:

  1. Another Altenew beauty, my friend! You're so right: these images are addicting! And well they should be: once the layering is figured out, the results - as you've clearly showcased - are striking! So pretty!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design with perfectly stamped blooms! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown. Hope we'll see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! Love the beautiful Dahlias!

    ReplyDelete