Sunday, May 24, 2015

Curtain Call - Totally Tassel

Happy Sunday of our long weekend! Just popping in quickly to squeak a card into the current challenge at Curtain Call. It's an inspiration challenge - Totally Tassel. Here's the inspiration photo -


As it's graduation time, I need to make several cards for school, the gift shop, a few commissioned ones and I just may need some myself. Here's what I came up with -


My inspiration for this came from the tassel and gold. I've used a NBUS set, Clearly Besotted's The Graduate, that I purchased last year. I love this quote by Emerson, especially appropriate this time of year. Nothing fancy on my CAS card. Stamped the sentiment, diploma and cap in black. The cap was fussy cut and popped up on the panel. I adhered the panel flat to my card base and added some gold sequins. 

This would be a great card for a guy, so I'll also enter it at AAA Cards: Game #40 For the Guys.


I hope you have a wonderful day. Our weather is gorgeous, sunny and headed for 80 degrees. Hope it doesn't rain for tomorrow's parades. Enjoy!

                                                                  Pam

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic graduation card! I love the simplicity and elegance of the black/white/gold. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool take in the challenge and excellent stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous take on the challenge Pam and thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome graduation card, Pam! It makes me think of my grandson that I'm always asking not to leave a trail. LOL, usually his trails are sticky and icky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great graduation card! I love the black and white. Thanks for playing along with the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your card at AAA Cards and came over for a peek. Your grad card is terrific. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went with plain black and white on the grad cards I made this year too. It just looks classy. Great card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this - I am sure you can sell it immediately! I would buy it myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is a classic and very stylish for either gender! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A classy, elegant Grad card, Pam...the sentiment speaks volumes! I hope you made plenty of these, because they'll be selling quickly! Another fabulous creation!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful graduation card - perfect for the masculine challenge, though it is so classy and classic it could be given to anyone. Love the addition of the gold sequins - they are the perfect embellishment! Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great challenge combo! It's a good looking card for the guys and grad. Thanks for playing AAA Cards, Cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your card is just right for the graduate, so glad you could join us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete