Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bokeh Birthday

When I saw the May challenge at House of Cards was bokeh, I knew I had to make a card. I love this technique. If you haven't tried bokeh yet or don't know what it is, visit challenge owner Mynn for a how-to and some inspiration.


To start my card I blended Wild Honey and Mustard Seed Distress Inks on my panel. I then inked several of the dots from SSS Lots of Dots stamp set in Hero Arts Unicorn pigment ink and stamped them randomly. The SSS Leanna Butterfly was die cut from orange CS and adhered with a foam dot. I used a sequin from my stash on the body. The sentiment was white heat embossed on vellum. I adhered a piece of the orange CS to my card base, added the vellum to my panel, and then the panel to the orange CS.

I will also enter this into Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #146 - Anything Goes and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is also Anything Goes. Also playing in Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #311 - Bugs & Butterflies.




I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. The Syracuse, NY Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Show is this weekend and my stamping buddy and I spend a lot of time there. Friday night we are doing the Make & Takes and we will hopefully spend all day Saturday on the floor. Maybe Sunday, too. We love seeing everything that the vendors are showing and watching all the demonstrations. 

I am really going to try very hard to limit my spending this year to only what I need and know I will use. (We all need and know we will use everything we buy, right? uh huh) Enjoy!

                                                                         Pam  

14 comments:

  1. Bokeh is just so cool! LOVE your card, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Bokek effect card Pam! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so soft and pretty Pam! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so lovely, and the ombré technique so well done. looks fantastic
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Pam! The background looks terrific and that butterfly is oh so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bokeh effect looks really stunning!! Great card!! Thanks for sharing it over with us at ATSM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect bokeh effect Pam! The yellow is really pretty. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Love your background with those big dots! So glad you were inspired by our Bugs & Butterflies challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Pam! what an amazing background...luv this! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO gorgeous! LOVE the bright, sunny colors you used, and the sentiment on vellum is perfect! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job with the bokeh effect, Pam! I adore the warm colors and sentiment on the vellum! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the prettiest bokeh cards I've ever seen, Pam! The colour combination is wonderful...and again, the addition of a butterfly is such a special touch. Swooning...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so elegant. Just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete