Monday, May 4, 2015

The Card Concept & Just Add Ink


Hello. Today I'm sharing a card I made for Mother's Day. I used the inspiration photo from The Card Concept #34, shown below, to pick some of the elements I used in my clean and layered card.



I chose the pink flowers, blue stripes and polka dots from the inspiration photo to use on my card. The sketch I followed is the current challenge sketch at Just Add Ink #260, also shown below.

First I stamped  a rose from the Hero Arts Rose Background in HA Bubble Gum Ink and fussy cut it. I used a stripe stamp included in the SSS Happy Every Day  set, inked it in SSS Audrey Blue Ink and cut the piece into a banner. Once again, one of my SSS Stitched Rectangles was used to die cut a white panel. Instead of polka dots, I chose to use a small heart pp from the Lawn Fawn Let's Polka 6x6 paper pad and die cut that with the largest stitched rectangle. 

To assemble my card I added the pink heart paper to a white card base. After stamping the sentiment from the SSS Best Mom Ever set with Audrey Blue ink, the rose and stripe were adhered to the white panel. I used fun foam behind the white panel to add some dimension. 



Thanks for taking the time to visit. I need to run to a baseball game. Enjoy the rest of your day.

                                                                Pam


14 comments:

  1. Great job, Pam! I recognized that sketch straight-off and I think this is great for the CCC, too! It's a lovely card for mom's day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and pink always look so good together! I love that the flower takes center stage on your card :)

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, Pam. I love your colour choices, and use of our sketch. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Mother's day card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little details - stitching and tiny heart DSP - give this CAS card a really polished pretty finish Pam. Love your colours too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card Pam and such a great take on the sketch. I love the colours and your clean design.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card Pam and such a great take on the sketch. I love the colours and your clean design.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Pam ... soft and feminine ... and perfect for Mother's Day! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to see you at Just Add Ink!!! Your card is gorgeous and I love the flower stamp you used. Brilliant use of the sketch too, especially with those beautiful papers. Hope you come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty clean and layered card! I love the background paper and the flower. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous showcase of the beautiful bloom, this time wearing a blush of pink. Ever so elegant...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS job incorporating elements from the inspiration into your design...including the colors! Love the stitched border, love the 'polka hearts', love the striped banner and love your clean & layered design! Thanks for joining us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete