Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Stencil It

Hello. Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I used stencils on for some challenges. As I mentioned in this post the other day, I belong to a Paper Arts Club that meets monthly. Not only do we swap cards based on a predetermined theme, we also do a challenge card. This month the challenge was hexagons.


Rather than go the obvious route of die cutting hexagons, I decided to stencil some. This was Mustard Seed and Wild Honey distress inks blended on Specialty Stamping Paper. I spritzed my Tim Holtz Honeycomb stencil with water, placed it on the inked paper and then took it off. I was left with this cool background where the water had reacted with the DI and left the random honeycomb pattern. Again, I  die cut the panel with SSS Stitched Rectangles. The sentiment is from winnie & walter's The Big, The Bold, The Happy set that was heat embossed in gold. The stars were also done in the same manner,

I will enter this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stencil It, On A Stampage - Mynn's Birthday Bash Giveaway, Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes, as well as my Club challenge card.




     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The same technique was used for my second card. I changed the inks to Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon. For this card I added a piece of stitched die cut gold paper behind the stenciled panel. I left this stencil on longer and it turned out much less random. 

I will also enter this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, , AAA Cards: Game 40 - For the Guys,  Craft Stamper Take It Make It May Challenge - Take a Stamp, Anything Goes and 613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes ( without optional twist).


Thanks for looking and hanging in so long. I love doing stenciling techniques and I'd love to know what you think. Comments just make every day better, don't they? Enjoy!

                                                                                   Pam

13 comments:

  1. LOVE the gorgeous texture from the stenciling, the beautiful colors, and the great CAS design! Thank you for linking up with my Birthday Giveaway at On A Stampage! HUGS! :) Mynnxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of stencils and great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Pam, a great chicken wire stencil with gorgeous colouring with a lovely sentiment and stars!!

    The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - M, E2, SIO - (May) Always Anything Goes
    The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge - W, cards - Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and love the stencilling-Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Funky and fabulous Pam.
    AMAZING stencilling and love both your cards.
    Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic stenciling job. You can just hear in your description how much fun you are having making your cards. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stencil idea and the colors looks great!...your Father's Day card is just as fabulous...what a great idea to do two at once. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Given my current obsession with stencils, I can officially say: I. LOVE. these! Fabulous colours and the sentiments: perfection! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that background - so cool! What a fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards. Love the stenciling, inking and embossing. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blue and gold and beautiful together. Great stenciling and handi work. Thanks for sharing your cards with us at AAA Cards- for the Guys! Cheers, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that background in the blues! So glad you could join us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of stencils - and I love the bold colours you chose! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week! Jill

    ReplyDelete