Saturday, May 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Balloon

This is my second post today. I'm trying to get this in under the wire at some challenges. My great-niece is having her 7th birthday party tomorrow, so I decided to make her a balloon shaped card.


My card was die cut with the largest of the Simon Says Stamp Balloon Dies. I die cut the card base with the top of the balloon about 1/4" over the fold. That enables the card to open and still have the balloon shape. I then die cut a piece of Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper with the same die.

The large sentiment from the Mama Elephant Make a Wish set was embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder. I love that color! I added a scattering of Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Sequins and rhinestones from my stash to embellish. A piece of Twinery Platinum Shimmer Twine was tied on the end of my balloon to mimic a real one. It is coated with Ranger Multi Matte and twisted into a tail shape. 

I would like to enter this into these challenges:

     The Challenge #32 - Theme: Polka Dots
     Just Us Girls #291 - Word Week: Twine
     The Pink Elephant Challenge #296 - Anything Goes
     Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes









Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

                                                    Pam

14 comments:

  1. What a fun card shape, and love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birthday design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your balloon card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this big ole balloon - it makes such a fun card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun and I just love the polka dots! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous birthday card! I love your big pink polka dot balloon, so fun and very festive. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam I bet that this is absolutely stunning IRL, love that big balloon die cut and the platinum gold--wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea and so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balloons just make me happy and polka dots, too! Oh, my!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cute! Love the fun balloon shape! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big polka-dot balloon card is making ME smile; I can only imagine what the reaction will be from your 7-year-old great-niece! She'll absolutely adore it, as do I! So incredibly sweet...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly amazing Happy Birthday Balloon. I loved it a lot. I will also celebrate my little daughter’s 12th birthday and will use polka dot theme for this bash. But I would like to book a local indoor event venue New York. I was just wondering if you have any venue suggestions!

    ReplyDelete