Sunday, May 17, 2015

Rainbow Distress

A few weeks ago I saw a beautiful rainbow background on a card made with only 3 distress inks. I'm sorry but I don't remember whose blog it was on. Anyway, I set out to make one of those backgrounds. I smooshed Picked RaspberryMustard Seed and Peacock Feathers distress inks on my craft sheet. I very liberally sprayed water on a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper and pressed it into my smooshed inks.



One of the backgrounds I made is used on the card I'm sharing today. I had to make several of these because no matter how much water I sprayed on the paper and the inks on my craft mat, they just wouldn't blend well for some reason. I sprayed until my mister was empty. A whole mister of water on 4 pieces of watercolor paper. What was going on? I finally looked at the bottle in my hand. It wasn't water. It was Tsukineko Shimmer Spray! No wonder my inks weren't blending and running together correctly. This panel is really sparkly IRL, but my camera didn't pick it up. 

I decided to use one of the pieces that have been lying on my table since then on today's card. It was die cut  with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. I then die cut it again on an angle to create the opening for my sentiment which is from SSS Balloon Sentiments. Next I die cut a SSS Leanna Butterfly, swiped it in Picked Raspberry DI and added Wink of Stella to make it shimmer.  

Since I've used several Simon Says Stamp exclusive products I will enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, which is to use Simon brand products. I have also used the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. Also playing at AAA Cards 1st BirthdayJust Us Girls #293Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes and Simon Says Stamp Flickr: Make Your Own Backgrond.




Have a great week! Enjoy!

                                                                  Pam


22 comments:

  1. Now this is one delicious watercolor background! amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful background on your card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your smooshed background Pam. Great color choices and the butterfly is a sweet touch. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous mistake!! I had to giggle, can just imagine you standing there wondering why it wasn't working. Sounds like something I would do!! I absolutely love it and must try this myself. Its so striking but soft and love the angle cut. Rather wonderful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background - even if it did take a bottle of shimmer spray :) Love these colors together - you've come up with a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story Pam! There's no mistakes in stamping right? Love your background and card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those sort of 'design challenges' fabulous, Pam ... shimmery panels without effort (tee-hee)!! What a gorgeous background ... the colours blend beautifully together (after all your work!) ... love how you split it for the sentiment ... and the filigree butterfly is a delight! Fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background looks beautiful! Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love your stunning background Pam.
    Fantastic challenge combo card - just love it.
    Thanks so much for linking up and joining our birthday party challenge at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous colorful background and I love your layout design!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely background....beautiful colors! Your butterfly is so delicate. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful splash of color! Love the contrast of the sentiment banner in white! Great card and thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely backdrop for the sweet butterfly. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam not laughing at you but with you, I have done things like that before! I bet the shimmer is gorgeous. Way to hit so many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw your card at AAA cards and came over for a peek. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dig watercolor backgrounds SOOOOO much! Yours is terrific! I enlarged it for an even better look. Thanks for playing with us in our birthday challenge!
    Cheers, Victoria Lavender- AAA CAS Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very pretty Pam! The watercolor rainbow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a big watercolor smoosh lover and your tropical colored background has me swooning, Pam! I'm sorry, but I giggled over your misting story! It is SO something I would do!! I love this to pieces!! Enjoy the long weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, this background is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. pretty card....I love Distress inks....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is gorgeous, Pam! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your watercolour background is dazzling, Pam...a perfect canvas for the beautiful butterfly! Your misting story made me laugh; you and I would make great crafting buddies!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete