Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Less is More #22 & OLS #16

The theme at Less is More this week is Color. This is what I created after several cards went in the bin.


We were challenged to use opposite colors on the color wheel.


After a few failed attempts with violet & lime and  purple & yellow, I grabbed Festive Berries  and Peeled Paint Distress Markers. I used these to color the Rubbernecker Sketch Poppies that were still on my desk from making this card. I colored the flowers with the red and the stems and leaves with the green and stamped onto a card base. I then used the red marker to color the solid inside flower images, stamped off twice and then stamped over the poppy outlines. I really like how they do not match up perfectly.

The sentiment is from a new stamp set that I purchased from the latest release from WPlus9 - Love Mom. It's a great 3"x4" set containing a lovely script 3 piece sentiment, several smaller sentiments and small stitched images. I used part of the script sentiment and a small one colored with the red marker on my card.

That's it - a one layer card. One piece of card stock and some ink. Surprisingly, I like it. Since I started doing several CAS challenges to stretch out of my comfort zone (lots of layers, ribbons, embellies, bits & bobs), I am finding I like making CAS cards. Usually, I don't end up tossing as many attempts as I did today. 

I am also entering this into the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #16 - Blossom.



Thanks for looking. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week. Enjoy!

                                                                  Pam

11 comments:

  1. So pretty - I thing I have that poppy stamp too (pathetic, that I don't know for sure....) - I really should ink it up again - thanks for the inspiration, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous, beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous one layer card, I adore those sketchy poppies. I only have one Rubbernecker stamp which has yet to be used so I may need to add more to my stash!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Pam. CAS perfection, a stunning image and great use of the colours. Thanks as always for playing along.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Pam...I was so enthralled by your beautiful poppy that I had to go for a stroll through the Rubbernecker site! Your card is stunning: beautiful colours, a lovely sentiment...mega-watt smile guaranteed from the mom receiving this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam your on a roll!! This is gorgeous and love the flower stamps, they have such a 'painted' look about them. Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the soft pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so pretty... I love it! it is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this!! The sketchy flowers are so pretty and the colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete