Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Saturday! I'm sharing my last Mother's Day card for this year. Time start graduation and Father's Day cards. (Where does the time go?!?)



I used my Simon Says Stamp Artful Flowers and watercolored with Abandoned Coral Distress Ink on Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper. First I stamped the outline stamps, then inked the solid stamp, spritzed with water and stamped. I used a waterbrush to fill in some of the spots. For the stems I inked up the outline stamps and just used the waterbrush to fill them in. So fun!

The watercolor panel was die cut with (yes, again!) SSS Stitched Rectangles, as was the coral base around it. The coral panel was adhered flat to the card base. I used fun foam to pop up the watercolor panel. Three Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins were added to the flower centers and I added a bow made with May Arts Twine to "tie" the flowers together. The sentiment from Best Mom Ever was white heat embossed on vellum.

I will enter this card into these challenges:

     Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Don't Abandon the Coral
     Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #18 - Mother's Day, flowers or both!
     Craft Stamper: Take It Make It Challenge: May - Take a Stamp Anything Goes





I hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day. Enjoy!

                                                                   Pam


12 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Pam! Love the colors and also great watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and elegant card, love the watercoloring, it is flawless, so glad to see you join us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used the rough side of the watercolor paper...it adds such amazing texture! What a gorgeous card! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers; wonderful colours; fabulous colouring! It's so nice to see water-colouring that's 'in the lines'...that's my style!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee We both gave those SSS sets and dies some work out for Mother's day didn't we. I really want to try out the technique you used here. Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been super busy, but I sure have been enjoying your cards. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Pam and I love those flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at Craft Stamper!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the watercolor effect you did with this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete